RELATED shows empty column in PowerPivot RRS feed

• Question

• HI

experimenting with powerpivot and I use an simple example of the AdventureworksDW in Powerpivot

If i use the RELATEd function with Product and ProductSubCategory the column is empty and I expect values.

Relationships are rightfully defined.

What am i doing wrong?

Greetz,

Hennie

• Edited by Hennie7863 Sunday, August 16, 2015 7:22 PM
    Sunday, August 16, 2015 7:21 PM

Answers

• Found it..It is empty for certain values (key in the Dimproduct table) and specially the first couple  x lines of the table. When you scroll down you'll see values. So it works, anyway. Thanks... 
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, August 24, 2015 5:38 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2015 7:53 AM

All replies

• It would depend on what your relationship is on and how your reference RELATED. can you supply your code and will take a look at it?

And keep experimenting it is such an amazing toolset.

Monday, August 17, 2015 1:06 AM
  • Hi Hennie,

According to your description, you are experiencing the issue when using RELATED function between Product and ProductSubCategory table, right?

I have tested it on my local environment, and I found that the ProductSubCategoryKey in DimProduct table is NULL.

So I use RELATED function between DimProductSubcategory and DimProductCategory table and it works fine.
    =RELATED(DimProductCategory[EnglishProductCategoryName])

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 17, 2015 2:08 AM
  • Found it..It is empty for certain values (key in the Dimproduct table) and specially the first couple  x lines of the table. When you scroll down you'll see values. So it works, anyway. Thanks... 
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, August 24, 2015 5:38 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2015 7:53 AM