none
Read and view PDF files like adobe activeX

Answers

• Drop a WebBrowser control to the form it should be under COM tab when adding controls to the sidebar.

WebBrowser.Navigate(@"c:\myfile.pdf"); //should load the file
    Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:24 PM

All replies

• If you want to read PDF files, you must install Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer, to get the ActiveX control which you must use :
    • Acrobat 6.0 : Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\ActiveX folder
    • Adobe Reader 6.0 : Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader/ActiveX folder
    • Acrobat 5.x: Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Acrobat\ActiveX folder
    • Adobe Reader 5.x : Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader/ActiveX folder
    Add it to your project, then use it simply!
    Sunday, June 04, 2006 3:22 PM
  • Hi,

Can I got the example of how to do this? Also I want to know if the acrobat is installed on system and where?

Thank's
    Alexei

Monday, June 05, 2006 8:32 AM
  • You must install it on your computer (not the user's computer), don't install it if you have the control file, you will find it under Program Files\Adobe, for more, read my first post, you can use it simply, here is an example how to load a file :
    AxPdf1.LoadFile(FilePath)
    And there are very helpful methods to use, eg. gotoNextPage(), gotoLastPage(), gotoFirstPage(), gotoPreviousPage(), Print() and much more!
    Hope this helps.
    Monday, June 05, 2006 9:23 AM
  • Hi,

1. I want to find the acrobat reader path. (May be use the registry info of acrobat reader)
    2. Than upload the dll and run the viewer.

Thank's
    Alexei

Monday, June 05, 2006 10:52 AM
  • After you get the control, you must "attach" it with your executable file...
    Monday, June 05, 2006 11:24 AM
  • Hi,

My problem is that I connect application on my computer to Acrobat Reader 7. On clients computers I have both version 7 and 6 and 5. So this isn't work perfect. I need another solution.
    I want get the result like when I working on internet I click on PDF and it opens into IE.

Thank's
    Alexei

Monday, June 05, 2006 11:34 AM
  • I don't understand why you don't want to attach the control with the executable file, anyway, as you want, you can check the version at :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader
    Take a look at : Decode the product GUID for Acrobat or Adobe Reader (Windows)
    Hope this helps...
    Monday, June 05, 2006 11:43 AM
  • Hi,

I don't want to know the version of acrobat reader. I want that my application will works with all versions of acrobat reader.

Thank's
    Alexei

Monday, June 05, 2006 12:18 PM
  • Yes, After know the version, you can know the control's files path as the following :
    • Acrobat 6.0 : Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\ActiveX folder
    • Adobe Reader 6.0 : Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader/ActiveX folder
    • Acrobat 5.x: Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Acrobat\ActiveX folder
    • Adobe Reader 5.x : Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader/ActiveX folder
    Hope this helps a bit...
    Monday, June 05, 2006 12:20 PM
  • Hi,

If I know the path of acrobat reader, how can I load acropdf.dll to memory on runtime?

Thank's
    Alexei

Monday, June 05, 2006 1:05 PM
  • Better use the WebBrowser OCX. This way you don't have to worry about the Acrobat Reader version.
    Monday, June 05, 2006 3:15 PM
  • Hi,

Can you give me example how to use it?

Thank's
    Alexei

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:55 AM
  • Hi,

How can I run search automatically on pdf file in webcontrol?

Thank's
    Alexei

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:58 AM
  • Hi,

I have found how to do search. In path of pdf need to add #search="words to search".

Also there can be another parameters.

Thank's
    Alexei

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 1:14 PM
  • Okay, I think your problem is solved, so, mark JRQ's post as answer, to give him a credit, and to remove your question form unanswered questions list...
    Thank you.
    Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:39 PM
  • Drop a WebBrowser control to the form it should be under COM tab when adding controls to the sidebar.

WebBrowser.Navigate(@"c:\myfile.pdf"); //should load the file
    Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:24 PM
  • I have an access dbase that reads files in a directory. It opens all word couments excel documents perfectly however PDF files open and then close in a flash. What do I need to do to correct this. I am thinking I need an ActiveX control or something. Any help would be appreciated

Thursday, July 06, 2006 3:58 PM
  • Word allows multiple intances while Acrobat doesn't by default. You might want to look at Acrobat settings to see if it will let you have multiple instance.
    Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:55 PM
  • Hi,

I need the search feature. I mean that I send the string and the search toolbox is appeared and search is started.

By the way the using of internet explorer plugin doesn't work in some places.

Thank's
    Alexei

Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:21 PM
  • Hi you can use the following code;

Code Snippet

RegistryKey rkHKRC = Registry.ClassesRoot;
                    RegistryKey rkCommand = rkHKRC.OpenSubKey(@"acrobat\shell\open\command");
                    if (rkCommand!=null)
                    {
                        CCommonConfig.AcrobatProgramFolder = (string)rkCommand.GetValue("");
                        CCommonConfig.AcrobatProgramFolder =CCommonConfig.AcrobatProgramFolder.Substring(0, CCommonConfig.AcrobatProgramFolder.IndexOf(".exe") + 4);
                    }
                    rkCommand.Close();
                    rkHKRC.Close();

Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:53 PM