none
How to customize the Quick Launch with Security RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to add links to the quick launch with security control - some menus only show to specific user groups.

But I do not find any way to do that, either through configuration or custom codings. Would you please advise on that? Thanks.

Kevin Li

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:43 PM

All replies

• Kevin,

Sorry but you have posted to a forum that deals exclusively with question/issues about customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. I suggest you delete this post and post to a general Windows forum. You could start here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/home?forum=whatforum

John

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:57 PM
  • I am asking to custom PWA's quick launch, should I ask in another forum?

Kevin Li

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:00 PM
  • Hi Kevin,

By default, the quick launch links are managed through glabal permissions. For instance, users belonging to security groups without the "view approvals" permissions will not see the "approval center" link in the quick launch menu.

Meaning that dealing with permissions and security groups will allow you configuring the quick launch items by groups.

As far as I know, there is no other way to manage security for the quick launch links. Maybe other experts on this forum will give us more insight about coding this feature if possible.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:22 PM
  • Kevin,

Sorry, since I don't use PWA I didn't recognize your question as relating to Microsoft Project. From time to time we do see posts that have nothing to do with Project. In the future it would be helpful to state the version of Project you are using and the update level.

It looks like Guillaume has stepped in to help you out.

John

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 5:16 PM