DAG Not working >> Microsoft Failover Clustering probably the issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Guys

I'm using Microsoft Cluster Manger for Microsoft Exchange DAG.. I came across that when I created a database on the main email server I could not create a database copy on the secondary email server.  I then noticed that I cannot ping the DAG IP. I then noticed that in Microsoft Cluster Manager I cannot bring the Cluster Core Resources Server Online.  I keep getting the error :: Error Code: 0x80071736 The resource failed to come online due to the failure of one or more provider resources:: and also::

Cluster IP address resource 'Cluster IP Address' cannot be brought online because the cluster network 'Cluster Network 1' is not configured to allow client access::

I tried this resolution without Luck::

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, reset to not allow client access:

cluster network "Cluster Network 1" /prop role=1

Then Set to allow client access

cluster network "Cluster Network 1" /prop role=3

And start the failed group:

cluster group "Cluster Group" /on

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm unsure of what to do next. Can someone help me out of this bind please?

Thank You

Thursday, October 8, 2020 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

have you tried the *-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork cmdlets instead of Failover Clustering commands? Normally, you're not supposed to be using Failover Clustering directly on a DAG.

Evgenij Smirnov

http://evgenij.smirnov.de

Friday, October 9, 2020 7:02 AM
  • here is what i get. do you have any suggestions based on this? Thank You

get -DatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork 

Identity                                                           ReplicationEnabled                                                 Subnets
    --------                                                           ------------------                                                 -------
    HaartzDAG\MapiDagNetwork                                           False                                                              {{172.16.0.0/16,Misconfigured}, {192.168.10.0/24,Misconfigured
    HaartzDAG\ReplicationDagNetwork01                                  True                                                               {{192.168.221.0/28,Up}}

Friday, October 9, 2020 12:05 PM