unable to load public field type? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am seeing the this message "unable to load public field type" during compile. This is referring to a datamember I added to my state class. The variable is a external type, i.e., an OpenCV data type--CVImage. The service dll itself compiles fine, but when it comes to compiling the proxy, the "unable to load public field type" error message appears for that variable.

Has any one seen this problem before?

Thanks!

Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:17 PM

Answers

• is that type requiring a native DLL? it must be available somewhere the proxy can find it.

In most cases though, when it comes to talking to native types, we realy on a managed dll that defined equivalent managed types, annotated with DataContract,DataMember, and then rely on user code to do the translation

g

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:15 PM

All replies

• is that type requiring a native DLL? it must be available somewhere the proxy can find it.

In most cases though, when it comes to talking to native types, we realy on a managed dll that defined equivalent managed types, annotated with DataContract,DataMember, and then rely on user code to do the translation

g

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:15 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I am service DLL uses the managed OpenCV DotNet dll, which I have added to the reference of the project and I have annoted the variable that I want to expose with DataContract and DataMember. All DLL currently resides on the same machine. The stranger thing is that I have successfully compiled the DLL, even the proxy one on some machines, but two other machines' compilers complain about "unable to load public field type" during reflection phase of building the proxy, and the variable that I annotated with DataContract and DataMmeber does not appear when I browse the proxy object.

Chao

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:33 PM