none
Data binding from SQL Server database table to Business Object RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys got this project I'm working on and can't get my head around how to implement this part of the solution. I've got a grid control from Telerik and have created business objects and a collection of these business objects to bind to this grid. However, I want the cells in the grid to be updated in real time as values in the underlying data source change. Each business object represents a row in the grid control, however each row represents the values of a column over a number of rows in the table in the SQL Server database table. For example I might have a row called "Commencements" which corresponds to a column called "Commencements" over a certain number of rows in the table. At the moment I programmatically transpose/pivot the data from the table to the business objects. I guess my question is, how can I to data bind (using Source to Target) a business object to a column (over some rows) in a table?

Cheers,
    Tim.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hello Tim,

In your case, I think you could somehow consider the scenario to be a master/detail databinding scenario in WPF, so you could take following Video tutorial as a guide:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/ee364701.aspx

Thanks.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Li Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:56 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:20 AM