none
Cannot delete vhd from vhds container

Question

• Hi.

I created and mounted a vhd by mistake and detached it later. But I cannot remove the vhd file from vhds container.

Error: 'There is currently a lease on the blob and no lease ID was specified in the request.'

I've tried to reboot the related VM but nothing helps.

I googled a lot but the webpage for management changed a lot and I cannot find the way they (http://thusharapriyantha.blogspot.com/2015/06/cant-delete-blob-there-is-currently.html) pointed to.

I tested to attach it back to VM and detach it again from VM. No problem at all but it still cannot be deleted.

Any idea? Thanks.

• Edited by EternalSnow Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:12 PM
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 5:02 PM

Answers

• OK. Finally, I get a way to remove them.

Create a VM in the same storage account, attach the disk to this VM, and then remove the vm with disks.

all related disks will be removed shortly, not immediately, but within several minutes.

• Marked as answer by EternalSnow Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:19 AM

All replies

• I had a similar issue recently. I waited 24 hours and I was able to delete it, I could not find an answer (looked at the same blog article too).
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 10:09 PM
  • I am having the same issue. Waiting for a response from the support team now.
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 11:29 PM
  • Hope for your further information.
    Monday, February 1, 2016 4:18 AM
  • 24hr passed but it still cannot be removed.
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:04 AM
  • OK. Finally, I get a way to remove them.

Create a VM in the same storage account, attach the disk to this VM, and then remove the vm with disks.

all related disks will be removed shortly, not immediately, but within several minutes.

• Marked as answer by EternalSnow Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:19 AM