none
Access version number of the app with OfficeJS RRS feed

• Question

• Is there an API Call to get Access to the app's Version number when writing Apps for Office using OfficeJS?

I don't know if the information put into AssemblyInfo.cs is in use for this kind of apps, but I update the AssemblyVersion attribute and Wonder if it's accessible in JavaScript.

eloekset

Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hi eloekset,

The version in the “AssemblyInfo.cs ” file is the version of the web application assembly rather than the app for office version.

The version of app is specified in app manifest file:

As far as I know, we don’t have the method in Office JavaScript API to get the app version currently.

Feedbacks for Office Development Platform, please feel free to submit them on OfficeDev User Voice.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 13, 2014 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hi eloekset,

Here's the JavaScript API for Office(v1.1), I haven't found such API call, but you could check this document carefully:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp142185(v=office.1501401).aspx

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, June 13, 2014 6:09 AM
  • Hi eloekset,

The version in the “AssemblyInfo.cs ” file is the version of the web application assembly rather than the app for office version.

The version of app is specified in app manifest file:

As far as I know, we don’t have the method in Office JavaScript API to get the app version currently.

Feedbacks for Office Development Platform, please feel free to submit them on OfficeDev User Voice.

Regards,

Jeffrey

Friday, June 13, 2014 8:09 AM