none
Reverse Selection of Selection.GoToEditableRange(wdEditorEveryone) RRS feed

• Question

• hi

I am trying to create a macro for MS-word Document that Navigate( top to bottom and vise-versa) through all editable area.

i got a code Selection.GoToEditableRange(wdEditorEveryone) that navigate top to bottom. i bind Tab key with it, So while tabbing, it navigate from top to bottom (from current curser position).

But i don't find a function for the reverse process (like bottom to top selection). And i am planing to bind it with Shift+Tab key.

please help me in this.

thanks

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Srihari,

As you could find in word UI, there are two options in Restrict Editing, Find Next Region I can Edit and Show All Regions I can Edit, there is no option to find previous one. I also checked the Word object model, there is no such methods.

For a workaround, I would suggest you add bookmark to every Editable Range, and loop Bookmarks to reverse process.

If this is a new feature you want to include in the future, I would suggest you submit a feedback in the link below:

https://word.uservoice.com/

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 3:15 AM