Error in installing Windows SDK 7.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm having the following error installing Win SDK 7.1 x64:

A problem occurred while installing selected Windows SDK components.

Installation of the "Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7" product has reported the following error: Please refer to Samples\Setup\HTML\ConfigDetails.htm document for further information.

Please attempt to resolve the problem and then start Windows SDK setup again. If you continue to have problems with this issue, please visit the SDK team support page at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=130245.

Click the View Log button to review the installation log.
    To exit, click Finish.

for x86:

A problem occurred while installing selected Windows SDK components.

Setup could not find the file WinSDK_amd64\WinSDK_amd64.msi at any of the specified source locations I:\Setup

Please attempt to resolve the problem and then start Windows SDK setup again. If you continue to have problems with this issue, please visit the SDK team support page at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=130245.

Click the View Log button to review the installation log.
    To exit, click Finish.

I don't know to perform any diagnosis to solve this. Any idea?

Monday, February 4, 2013 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I got same errors before. I got this error "WinSDK_amd64\WinSDK_amd64.msi" when I tried to install X86 microsoft SDKs 7.1 into X64 windows. That's why. you can use this installation tool http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279 to download and install automatically.

For the first error you got for installing on X64 machine, that's because the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 (Redistributable or Runtime) version you installed is newer (Probably is 10.0.40219) than the one in Microsoft SDKs 7.1 (is 10.0.30219). So you can uninstall the newer one from your "uninstall or change a program", then install SDKs 7.1, or you can uncheck the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 options when you start to install windows SDKs 7.1.

Thanks

R.Z

Friday, March 8, 2013 2:23 PM
  • If Microsoft allows this post (it's a 7-year old thread) then a tip of my hat to them.

I have spent HOURS trying to install the Win 7.1 SDK.  I've uninstalled 2010 redistributables, both x86 anc x64.  Various installers kept losing their "minds" with that WinSDK_amd64.msi file.  I've downloaded a number of ISOs... and still that MSI file isn't in any of them.

WinSDK_amd64.msi is hiding somewhere.

It's really fun when the popup says to look at the log file... and the path to it does not exist.

R.Z., the tool you referred to must be one of a collection of tools all named the same thing... because there are numerous references to it in various discussion areas.  The id numbers are all different... but the four I downloaded all have the same size: 509264 bytes.  The LAST one downloaded, the one you mentioned, succeeded where no other did.

Holy cow.  I just ran MD5SUM on all four copies of that tool:

acda3682dd57e13fcb09da2de0a288be *winsdk_web.exe
    acda3682dd57e13fcb09da2de0a288be *winsdk_webA.exe
    acda3682dd57e13fcb09da2de0a288be *winsdk_webB.exe
    acda3682dd57e13fcb09da2de0a288be *winsdk_webC.exe

My head hurts.  The executables are all the same.  But only the last one was successful. 

What I want now is the offline installer.  I want to burn it to DVD and put it in a nice cool place... because if I must do this again, that online installer is likely to be digital dust.

Have another upvote.  Thanks.

Monday, May 11, 2020 5:42 AM