none
OLEDB update before retrieve data RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have the following issue:

I need to connect to an OLEDB provider that is not returning data for some tables unless you update some specific values in a table.

In example i need to get from Tasks table the data and before that i have to update scope_level to Projects data.

This refers to SDK for Oracle Primavera.

I have contacted them and told me that only programmaticaly you can run such scripts (VBA for update) but I wonder if this is also possible through the Get External Data in order to work with Power Pivot / Tables and Power Pivots in Excel.

I.e: In MS Access is easy as you set up the connection and the relevant tables, then run an update query to the Projects table to update the required values and you can work fine.

Any simple solution for Excel?

Friday, August 7, 2015 4:13 PM

All replies

• >>>In example i need to get from Tasks table the data and before that i have to update scope_level to Projects data.

This is impossible through the Get External Data in order to work with Power Pivot / Tables and Power Pivots in Excel.
    I think that only programmatically you can run such scripts (VBA for update).

• Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Tuesday, August 18, 2015 1:36 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:32 AM