BizTalk 2010 MQ adapter and IBM MQ RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have the following configuration. I have BizTalk Server 2010 installed on one machine (Machine A) and IBM MQ 7.1 Installed on other machine (Machine B). I have MQ adapter for BizTalk installed on both machines and i can see the 'MQSAgent2.dll' COM+ component on both the machines. Now when i try to create a recieve port from my biztalk machine, Machine A, with recieve location type as MQ Series, when i enter the my machine B's name/ip on the queue defention and expand the QueueManager drop down, i get the following error:

"Retrieving the COM Class factory for remote component with CLSID {86E96D72-0011-4B28-B1AC-BF52AB47F1B4} from machine 10.35.175.60 failed due to the following error: 80004027 10.35.175.60"

Any help on this will be appreciated. I have manually registered the MQSAgent dll on machine B, but still no luck. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:32 PM

Answers

• All,

I thought will post the resolution we made on this which may be helpful for someone. Eventhough we were receiving 'Query Queue Managers" error while expanding the drop down list, this worked fine when we entered the completed MQ Queue path typed in.

i.e. type the queue manager name and queue name on the combo box directly instead of trying to select from list. Once enabled, messages are getting picked up correctly and all are good!

• Marked as answer by Retheesh S Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:03 PM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hi 

There are some more settings you would need to check.

• MSDTC security settings on BizTalk Host
    • BizTalk Host Account should be added in MQMAgent group on MQ Server
    • BizTalk Host Account should be added in Distributed COM users on MQ Server

I would suggest you to refer BizTalk Server:Integration With MQ Series technet wiki. 

Let us know your MSDTC settings . You also need to check the error in event viewer on MQ Server.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer
    alamnaushad.wordpress.com |

My new TechNet Wiki "BizTalk Server: Performance Tuning & Optimization"

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:35 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Naushad.

I tried these options and looks like still have same issues. I have added the account under which the BizTalk service runs to the Distributed com users and mqm group on MQ server and my DTC allows all access:

- Network DTC access is enabled with enable remote clients, allow inbound and outbound is enabled and no authentication is checked and enable xa trasactions.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:49 PM
  • What is the error message you are getting in the event log

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:52 PM
  • Unfortunately it is not throwing any error on the event log. Only error is the error message box which i get while trying to click the queue manager drop down on the biztalk server machine
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:11 PM
  • Ok. 

Have you installed MQ Agent on MQ server correctly? What all steps you performed. 

This error only comes when 

• MQ Agent is not installed properly
    • Permissions are not correct
    • MSDTC settings are not same on BizTalk and MQ Server

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:34 PM
  •  I used the 'MQSConfigWiz' under the BT Server download to install this. While installing under the account i selected 'this user' option and mentioned the same account under which the biztalk service is running, -> next->next->complete.

DTC settings are same on both server.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:51 PM
  • Have you enabled network DTC Access on MQ Server

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:52 PM
  • There is a similar thread below, Please refer might give some help!

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/biztalkr2adapters/thread/66f67d94-8e05-4657-a246-206ef57d5ef5

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:55 PM
  • 1. Run DTC Ping or DTC Tester between the two machines to see if you can reproduce the error.

2. Is there a firewall between the BizTalk Server and the MQ Series Server?

3. If there is, are the necessary ports such (135, etc) open?

4. Reproduce the issue and capture a Network trace and engage a SME to review it.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:48 PM
  • Naushad, the OS i am using is Server 2008 R2 so i think we should only enable the dtc from the Local DTC option right? There is no add or remove component option for this version.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:02 PM
  • have you added application role to your servers? if not please add it and the Enable DTC/COM+ Access are features in that Server role.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:08 PM
  • Hi 

Follow Charles suggestion.

Also if this is a VM then you may need to uninstall MSDTC and Install it again to make sure the GUID is unique.  See Troubleshooting Problems with MSDTC

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:22 PM
  • Ha! Where you been all my life... :) I added that now, and i got past that error. Thanks Charles and Naushad. Now im getting a different error which says 'Method or Operation is not implemented'.

I will take a look at that, may be something is missing in the MQ Queue manager i defined on the MQ server. If you guys have any thoughts please share.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:26 PM
  • I have found one more thread which is very similar to this, Please refer here, see those notes wich are related with access and security,

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:27 PM
  • Hi,

Now im getting the error ' Method or Operation is not implemented' while trying to configure. Attached the screen shot for the error. Any thoughts whats going wrong?

Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:54 PM
  • Are you able to list all the queue manages of the MQ Server ? Could you check if anything on MQ Server event log. 

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:21 PM
  • Queue Manager on MQ is listing correctly.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:09 PM
  • I mean on BizTalk server, When you try to configure a MQ Queue, 

• First you puts the MQ Server Name
    • then you try to select the Queue Manager Name - Are you able to do that?
    • then you select the Queue name from the List of Queues - Are you able to list the queues?

check the event viewer of BizTalk and MQ ( security) , see if there is any warning or error message

I can only say based on my experience, that first time it really takes time to make everything working . Please make sure you note all the steps.. 

try to set Transaction Supported property  to false on the MQ settings on receive location..

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:28 PM
  • Naushad,

No, I am not able to select the Queue Manager Name. When i put the MQ Server IP and click on the drop down of the Queue Manager field, i get the error. There is no corresponding error entry in the event viewer or MQ logs during that time.

Yep, Im taking notes, its a good learning experience tho.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:09 PM
  • Ok Thanks, 

I would suggest you one thing , Leave BizTalk for a moment, Try to connect to your MQ Queue using RFHUTIL from your BizTalk Server or any other machine. This will make sure MQ is setup properly and you can send messages to the Queue.

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

alamnaushad.wordpress.com

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:14 PM
  • Try to refer this once,HOW TO: Set Up and Test the BizTalk Adapter for MQSeries , it may be helpful 

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:34 PM
  • Naushad,

I checked the above link, but that is for configuring MQ on the same box where BizTalk is installed. I am trying to have the MQ on a different box and BizTalk on a different box and to access that.

I've downloaded the RFHUTIL, and i am able to see the queues from the local box where MQ is installed. I am going to try from the BizTalk box now and see. Following is the screen shot when i tried access the queue from the box where MQ is installed.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:38 PM
  • Ok, 

Its good that MQ is setup properly. 

Again I can recall that following are main things on BizTalk while connecting to MQ Server

• MSDTC settings should be correct-- You have already done that
    • BizTalk Host Instance account has access on MQ Server properly. two things , are you using the same id as BizTalk Admin and Same account as Host Instance? if you are using different account for BizTalk administration ( the id which yiu use to login on BizTalk Box) , then make sure that id has been added to MQM Group and Distributed Com user on MQ Box
    • make sure DTC ping runs fine from BizTalk Box , refer this if you have any issues BizTalk Server - Troubleshooting Problems with MSDTC
    • use transaction supported to false while configuring MQ receive location or send port

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:49 PM
  • Naushad,

I already have the account which biztalk instance runs under added to mqm and distributed com user on MQ box. I also tried transaction supported to both yes and no options.

DTC ping test was successful between both servers. So now i started wondering if BizTalk can connect to a remote MQ box and read queues from there

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:24 PM
  • It does connect to MQ and read queues also .. I have been using it since long time.. But my setup is on BizTalk 2006 and Win 2003 and MQ as cluster

I guess you are missing something very small but important thing, Most of the things looks ok to me.

try msdtc uninstall and then install again, this may require a reboot of server,

HTH,
    Naushad Alam

Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:47 PM
  • Hi,

Not sure if you've resolved this issue yet but I don't see in this thread any mention of your interactive account (ie) the account you're using to set up the receiver location; being added to the mqm, DCOM users or COM+ roles.  Note that to edit the MQSAgent2 COM+ application and add your account to the roles collection you need to uncheck the 'disable changes' checkbox in the application properties first.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Monday, April 23, 2012 11:35 AM
  • Thanks Greg. No this is not solved yet. I have tried the options you suggested, but still getting the error 'Query Queue Managers' error when i try to configure the MQ adapapter from BizTalk administration.
    Friday, May 4, 2012 8:22 PM
  • This may come a little late and I just realized it as I was asked a similar question by a customer today.

As far as I know, the Out-Of-Box MQ adapters (both MQSC and MQ Series Adapter) do NOT support MQ Series 7.1,

The following is from the HIS 2010 Installation_Guide.htm that is included with the HIS 2010 Media:

BizTalk Adapter for WebSphere MQ

IBM WebSphere MQ Client 6.0 with Fix Pack 6.0.1.1

IBM WebSphere MQ Client 7.0 with Fix Pack 7.0.0.1

IBM WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client 6.0 with   Fix Pack 6.0.1.1

IBM WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client 7.0 with   Fix Pack 7.0.0.1

WCF Channel for WebSphere MQ

IBM WebSphere MQ Client 6.0 with Fix Pack 6.0.1.1

IBM WebSphere MQ Client 7.0 with Fix Pack 7.0.0.1

IBM WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client 6.0 with   Fix Pack 6.0.1.1

IBM WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Client 7.0 with   Fix Pack 7.0.0.1

IBM WebSphere MQ Server 6.0 with Fix Pack 6.0.1.1

IBM WebSphere MQ Server 7.0 with Fix Pack 7.0.0.1

And this is the link that states the same information. http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/adapters-included.aspx

I have been in touch with the product group to confirm it. I will let you know when I find out.

• Proposed as answer by bobby us Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:19 AM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:11 AM
  • Getting the same error.. Do we have a resolution on this? It is the only trialware that I can get from IBM and don't know if there is a way that we can run POCs with customers. It has become an urgent issue for me.

Samar Roy 630-999-8435

Friday, February 22, 2013 5:07 PM
  • Use the MQSC Adapter with the IBM WMQ 7.0.01 Client to connect to a IBM WMS Server running any server verison and you should not face problems.

Regards.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:30 AM
  • All,

I thought will post the resolution we made on this which may be helpful for someone. Eventhough we were receiving 'Query Queue Managers" error while expanding the drop down list, this worked fine when we entered the completed MQ Queue path typed in.

i.e. type the queue manager name and queue name on the combo box directly instead of trying to select from list. Once enabled, messages are getting picked up correctly and all are good!

• Marked as answer by Retheesh S Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:03 PM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:03 PM