How to change Namespace of T4 Template RRS feed

• Question

• In my solution, i have nested folders to seperate templates but I want to give different namespaces to the the T4 template or to the class which is generated through that template..

How i can do that ?

Currently it is auto taking the namespaces based on the folder structure, which is not what i want..

IMP : There might be a delay in posting replies due to time difference (GMT +2:00) and Friday's Holiday instead of Sunday.
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:55 AM

Answers

• Found it after hours of searching..

http://www.olegsych.com/2009/09/t4-preprocessed-text-templates/

Simple steps are right click the template and then change prop customs tool namespace..

MSDN Documentation is very less and very basic for T4 and the above site and other links on net are the only useful resources but even on those sites lot of info is old and not applicable to VS 2010..

If any MS person is reading this, then this is a request to pls add some more documentation covering advanced topics..

IMP : There might be a delay in posting replies due to time difference (GMT +2:00) and Friday's Holiday instead of Sunday.
    • Marked as answer by Vinodonly Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:53 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:53 PM

All replies

• Found it after hours of searching..

http://www.olegsych.com/2009/09/t4-preprocessed-text-templates/

Simple steps are right click the template and then change prop customs tool namespace..

MSDN Documentation is very less and very basic for T4 and the above site and other links on net are the only useful resources but even on those sites lot of info is old and not applicable to VS 2010..

If any MS person is reading this, then this is a request to pls add some more documentation covering advanced topics..

• Marked as answer by Vinodonly Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:53 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:53 PM
  • Nine years later and it still took me hours to find this answer. You've made my life a lot easier in this project, I want to have your babies!

In VS for mac, click the file and open the properties tab to find the custom tool namespace. 

Monday, September 23, 2019 5:49 PM