Xamarin Android Player doesn't show on Screen RRS feed

• Question

• User11072 posted

I can no longer load the Android player on the PC. I see the icon on my toolbar for the VM but I can't click on it to have it show on my screen. I m using the latest versions and have uninstalled everything including Oracle Virtual Box, re installed, removed the VMs and re-downloaded them. Genymotion works fine.

There is a log file (opengl.log) in the player directory but it doesn't show any errors.

rcGetFBParam(1) Requested FB width: return 768rcGetFBParam(2) Requested FB height: return 1280rcGetFBParam(8) rcGetFBParam(8) rcGetFBParam(5) rcGetFBParam(6) rcGetFBParam(7) rcGetFBParam(8) rcCreateContext: FrameBuffer::getFB returned something, calling createRenderContext... createRenderContext: Returning 4rcCreateContext: FrameBuffer::getFB returned something, calling createRenderContext... createRenderContext: Returning 7rcCreateContext: FrameBuffer::getFB returned something, calling createRenderContext... createRenderContext: Returning 10rcCreateContext: FrameBuffer::getFB returned something, calling createRenderContext... createRenderContext: Returning 13rcCreateContext: FrameBuffer::getFB returned something, calling createRenderContext... createRenderContext: Returning 22initLibrary() Initialized library. initOpenGLRenderer(768,1280,0043E7A8,256) RenderServer::create creating TCP streamlisten: created loopback server started renderer thread.

How would I go about troubleshooting this?

Monday, February 16, 2015 4:35 PM

Answers

• User101790 posted

Hi Kevin,

I'm not aware of anything that would prevent the window itself from showing on screen. It's possible you've run into the same bug as http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/33542/multiple-monitors-and-player-position. If this is not the case could you please create a new bug on bugzilla with relevant logs from %ProgramData%\XamarinAndroidPlayer.

Thanks, Ben

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 6:25 PM

All replies

• User11072 posted

If I just try and run the VM directly in Virtual Box first I get invalid command 'powerctl'. Then the line "Trying to mount /dev/block/sdc" shows up and it just sits there. Since I'm not going through Android Player I'm not sure what should be happening by running it directly like this.

Monday, February 16, 2015 4:38 PM
  • User11072 posted

Interesting. If I wait long enough when loading it in Virtual Box directly the VM does eventually load. But when going through Android player I get the icon for the VM in my tool bar but I can never get it to show up on my screen no matter how much I click on it.

Monday, February 16, 2015 4:41 PM
  • User101790 posted

Hi Kevin,

I'm not aware of anything that would prevent the window itself from showing on screen. It's possible you've run into the same bug as http://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/33542/multiple-monitors-and-player-position. If this is not the case could you please create a new bug on bugzilla with relevant logs from %ProgramData%\XamarinAndroidPlayer.

Thanks, Ben

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 6:25 PM
  • User11072 posted

@BenBrown.7725 Ah ha!!! That was exactly my problem. I didn't have my player in my dock and it must have been trying to display it in a screen that wasn't there. Deleting that file fixed it.

Thank you very much!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:13 PM
  • User239413 posted

Hello Friends..... I can't Solve my this type problem. I can't get whatever u talk. can you help me Please...??

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 6:56 AM