none
HCK (v8.100.27024) doesn't contain all files? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, everybody. I've got a problem with HCK. I started "RSC Test" for x86 system. It failed because it can't find needed files for running. It tried to find file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Hardware Certification Kit\Tests\x86\NTTEST\NetTest\Transports\Sparta" directory. If I run this test for x64 system it runs fine. I compared 2 folders C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Hardware Certification Kit\Tests\x86\NTTEST\NetTest\Transports\Sparta and C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Hardware Certification Kit\Tests\amd64\NTTEST\NetTest\Transports\Sparta. There are different set of files. Has somebody seen this problem? How can I resolve this? Is there patch to fix? Where I can find these files?

Thursday, March 30, 2017 12:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Dmitry,

with out looking at the logs I cannot say for sure, but from your description of the issue yes manual errata 5247 does cover the test in the HCK kit and you would reference it in a readme.doc.

If you are still having issues with the test/submission I would recommend opening a case with MS CSS for investigation

Thanks!

Monday, April 3, 2017 9:04 PM
  • Hi,

We have two types of errata:

1. Automated filter errata --> where the test will fail and produce logs that we can filter against, these filters you would see on the site

2. Manual Errata --> where the test will fail and no logs are produced or the issues needs additional verification from the feature team, these errata you will NOT see on the site

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is a known issue with the test in this kit, please reference manual errata 5247 in the readme.doc when you are ready to submit.

Make sure that the test is ran and fail.

Thanks

Thanks!

Thursday, March 30, 2017 4:59 PM
  • Oh, thank you! Where Can I find "reference manual errata 5247 in the readme.doc"?
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:42 PM
  • Did you mean "Apply Filters"? If it is, it didn't help me
    Friday, March 31, 2017 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

No, This is a manual errata which mean you will not be able to see it on the web, you would need to download the readme.doc from Sysdev/Devcenter

http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/C/3/4C34C72F-FD65-41C9-B89A-A0858A2C3562/windows-hardware-dashboard-submission-readme.docx

Then you would reference this errata in it.

Thanks

Thanks!

Friday, March 31, 2017 4:18 PM
  • Hi, Could you please confirm that I understood correctly: Can I add to my submission a "readme.doc" with supporting information about failures which happened because it is known issues? And I didn't found "errata 5247" by link from the readme.doc which you provided. I tried to find by filter title - "RSC", by filter id - 5247 but it wasn't there.
    Monday, April 3, 2017 5:51 PM
  • Hi Dmitry,

with out looking at the logs I cannot say for sure, but from your description of the issue yes manual errata 5247 does cover the test in the HCK kit and you would reference it in a readme.doc.

If you are still having issues with the test/submission I would recommend opening a case with MS CSS for investigation

Thanks!

Monday, April 3, 2017 9:04 PM
  • Thank you for helping.

I'm speaking about I can't find the errata 5247 by link https://sysdev.microsoft.com/ec (this link from http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/C/3/4C34C72F-FD65-41C9-B89A-A0858A2C3562/windows-hardware-dashboard-submission-readme.docx). I want to be sure that it is. Where I can found the full list of these errata exceptions?

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

We have two types of errata:

1. Automated filter errata --> where the test will fail and produce logs that we can filter against, these filters you would see on the site

2. Manual Errata --> where the test will fail and no logs are produced or the issues needs additional verification from the feature team, these errata you will NOT see on the site

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:41 PM
  • Hope this was helpful!

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:36 PM
  • Yes, It's very helpful. I really appreciate your help.

Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:13 PM