none
win ce 6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• how to create an application which is written in VS Win32 c++ which must be supported in win ce 6.0? and can you please give me the details of what options have been selected while creating a project?
    • Moved by Jesse Jiang Friday, March 11, 2011 3:38 AM (From:Visual C++ Language)
    • Moved by Jesse Jiang Friday, March 18, 2011 9:23 AM (From:Visual Studio Smart Device Development - Native C++ Project)
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 7:49 AM

All replies

• First of all, make sure you are using VS2005 or VS2008.

Next, make sure you have installed the proper SDK -- you will obtain this from the device manufacturer.  Note that programs made with Visual C++ for CE devices tend to be limited to specific devices.  For instance we manufacture four different CE devices and I have a different SDK for each of them, and if I write software that will run on each, I have to build for each.

Next create a new solution and add a Smart Device project to it.  This will be your windows CE project.  I would create a Hello World project and make sure you can run it on your device before continuing.

If I need my project to run both on a CE device AND on the desktop, I usually do the following:

Create a simple smart device project.  Next create a simple Win32 desktop project.  The easiest thing to do here is simply add your files to each project.  The harder thing to do is to create a static library project and put your shared code there.  It tends to be a bit tricky to get a single library project to compile both for the desktop and CE, but it can be done with enough fiddling.

Be sure that you use only stuff that is available on your Windows CE platform.  In general if it is available on CE, it is also available on the PC, but not visa versa.

You will need to use some #ifdefs to deal with the fact that some headers on CE differ from the PC.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 4:50 PM
  • Check out this MSDN link for the procedure for creating a Smart device Win32 Project.

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:08 AM
  • Thank you.

I did sample smart device win32 sample application. It works properly.Then  I am created an OS design and created an run time image for device emulator. And I execute an .exe file by placing a path in project.bib. It also works properly.

But i want to create an run time image and that image i want to flash on a i.MX35 3-Stack platform system. and if any bluetooth device is connected to that system, when flashing that image it should detect that bluetooth device.

I tried already but its not detecting bluetooth device. For that Os design I am selected new project then i choose platform builder for ce 6.0 (Visual studio 2005) Then OS design. After that I choose freescale i.MX35 --:ARMV4I--->PDA device --->Mobile handled--------------------------  Ok.

And In catelog view i selected all bluetooth profile support options, bluetooth stack with USB driver and ALT. Then i created OS image. By nK.bin we flashed on board. when i am attached bluetooth device it was not detecting.

can you please help me on this issue. 

What options I have to select while creating OS image?  Is there any extra settings needed?

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:05 AM