grant connect on endpoint RRS feed

• Question

• in grant connect on endpoint to database engine accounts means which accounts and what is the format of accounts?
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:59 AM

Answers

• If you are talking in context of Database Mirroring, its the service account which is used to run the SQL Server Service.

Normally, if you are using a domain user account to run your SQL Server services, then it could be YourDomainName\ServiceAccountName.

Hope, this may help.

SKG: Please Marked as Answered, if it resolves your issue.
    • Marked as answer by Alex Feng (SQL) Wednesday, September 1, 2010 10:29 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:12 AM
  • If you are in a domain environment, then I suggest you use a domain user account. Using the Local System account as service account create more security risk. All the services using Local System account will have access to your SQL instance, which in most case is not desired.

If you are in a workgroup environment, I suggest to create a local user account for the SQL Server services.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:23 AM

All replies

• If you are talking in context of Database Mirroring, its the service account which is used to run the SQL Server Service.

Normally, if you are using a domain user account to run your SQL Server services, then it could be YourDomainName\ServiceAccountName.

Hope, this may help.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:12 AM
  • If we use local system account then what is it?
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 10:55 AM
  • If you are in a domain environment, then I suggest you use a domain user account. Using the Local System account as service account create more security risk. All the services using Local System account will have access to your SQL instance, which in most case is not desired.

If you are in a workgroup environment, I suggest to create a local user account for the SQL Server services.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:23 AM