Package says it's not signed on Windows Server?

Question

• I have a windows 8.1 app build and runs fine on my machine and another 8.1 machine, however when I try to install it on Windows Server 2012 Standard, I get this error: The package or bundle is not digitally signed or its signature is corrupted.

I followed this tutorial on signing, however the error still persists. I did a little research and it seems that apps built for windows 8.1 can't be run on windows 8. Is this true for windows Server? If not, how can I get the app running on windows server?

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 2:51 AM

Answers

• You have to be running WS2012R2, not WS2012 (first version).

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:05 PM

All replies

• You have to be running WS2012R2, not WS2012 (first version).

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 1:05 PM
  • @Matt - How would one develop/build an App for WS2012?

-Randall

Friday, April 10, 2015 1:02 PM