none
Cannot view Design view

Question

• Hello, 

I create my first project with WPF Application using VS Express 2013 (Windows 7), but there is no design or elements in the Toolbox. when i try to open the designer, it returns to the code .xaml, What can I do?

Monday, February 20, 2017 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Alexander22_,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What’s your VS express 2013 version? I tried to install the VS express 2013 for windows desktop on my Win 7 Enterprise SP1 computer. Open VS, create a new C#-WPF project, the MainWindows.xmal display correctly with the Design and XAML screen, and the Toolbox includes the corresponding controls like WPF controls as below:

Please have a try with the following steps to troubleshot this issue:

1. Make sure your OS already installed SP1 and windows update is up-to-date
    2. If your VS version is not the VS 2013 update 5, please go to Tools-Extensions and Update-Updates, install the Visual Studio 2013 Update 5
    3. Right click the MainWindow.xaml under Solution Expolrer, choose ‘Open With…’ and it should check the ‘Automatic Editor Selector (XML) (Default)’ like the above screenshot.
    4. Right click under the Toolbox and choose ‘Reset Toolbox’
    5. Right click under the Toolbox and choose ‘Choose Items’ and it will pop up the Choose Toolbox Items and check the option under WPF Componments tab and save.
    6. Reopen VS and create a new WPF project to test this issue again.
    7. Go to Control Panel-Programs and Features, right click the VS express 2013, Change-Repair

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 8:46 AM