Problem with open port 10000 Virtualmin RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,i have installed Virtualmin on CentOS 7.5.After installed it,i have a problem while access to https://[domain]:10000
    Can anyone help me
    Thanks

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for posting your question here.

As you have mentioned that the required port(10000) number is not accessible on the VM when trying to access from browser, request you to check if the port is open or not by entering the Public IP and port number in this link.

If you see the response as closed, you have to open the port on NSG attached to VM. 

This document provides information on how to open ports to VM.

If you want to add the port 10000 to the same NSG attached to VM, please follow these steps:

• Select the VM in Azure portal.
    • Select Networking under setting of the VM.
    • Under Inbound port rules -> Click on Add inbound port rule.
    • Destination port 10000, and click on Add (please refer below screenshot).

You have to check if the VM has NSG impacting from both NIC and subnets (On Azure portal, select the VM and under Networking you have this information as shown in below screenshot). If you see Impacts 0 subnets, 1 network interfaces which means that the VM has NSG attached to the VM and there are no NSG on the subnet of the VM that is impacting the VM ports.

If you see Impacts 1 subnets, 1 network interfaces which means that the NSG on subnet also is impacting and you need to add the port to the NSG of the subnet.

Add Port to NSG

NSG

If the suggested answer has solved your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thanks.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. 

Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 5:53 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see my previous response. If this solved your issue, do click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" so that other forum members can benefit from it.

If you need any further help do let us know.

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 5:07 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

Thanks.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:40 AM