none
Missing UNB and UNZ segments in D95B Codeco EDI Schema! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to use the D95B Codeco EDI Schema in a map but the UNB and UNZ segments are missing from this schema. I read on the net that these segments have to be added in the pipeline using EDI Schema extensions and/or envelopes. How do I go about adding these two segments to the shipped EDI Codeco schema without invalidating it?

Thanx a lot for your answers.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 9:19 AM

Answers

•  I can't access the UNB segment in the map and orchestration because I am told the values of this segment have to be added automatically using the trading partner agreement. With respect to EDI, I am the recipient party. How do I access the values of the UNB and UNZ segments in the map or orchestration? Or is this not possible? And if I have to override values, how do I go about it? Please give a step-by-step description. Thanks in advance.

Slow down...I think you still getting the EDI processes mixed up.  The envelope values are created based on an Agreement or Override when sending EDI, not receiving it. Also, an Agreement would have no part in creating a custom flat file.

If you are receiving the EDI, you still need an Agreement, but accessing the envelope values is different.

You can follow this Wiki Article on how to access the envelope value.  It is written for X12 but the technique works equally for EDIFACT: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/21130.biztalk-server-2010-fetching-isa-and-gs-segment-values-from-interchange-envelope-and-mapping.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Maheshkumar S Tiwari Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:44 AM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 2:40 PM

All replies