HyperVisor Code Integrity Readiness Test RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I ran the above test on Windows 10 RTM x86, and got a BSOD with the bugcheck below:

Driver Verifier: Enabled for mydriver.sys, flags 0x2000000, build 10240, key vCYWsuM6uVzEjR8Zv9vcg
    *********** Verifier Detected a Code Integrity Issue ************
    ** The image mydirver.sys contains section 0x90D20360 that is not page aligned (name .text).

Looks like the complaint is coming from Driver Verifier with flags 0x2000000, Code integrity checks. Looks like this is a new flag settings comes with the new verifier.exe in Windows 10.

Not sure how to address this. How does one ensure that all .text section of the driver image page aligned? Any pointer for information on this would be great.

thanks,

K

KAL

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:12 PM

All replies

• This bugcheck probably has nothing to do with the actual test, "HyperVisor ...", but rather a direct failure of the new Driver Verifier, Code Integrity check.

KAL

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:14 PM
  • What version of the WDK did you use to build the driver?  A number of the code integrity checks are handled automatically with later WDK's but not with earlier ones.   You may want to add a /ALIGN option to your build to see if that fixes things, see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/8xx65e1y(v=vs.140).aspx

Don Burn Windows Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:19 PM
  • Yes, I use WDK 7.1 since I need my driver to support older OS starting from Windows XP. Is there a build environment variable for for the page size for either "Windows XP x86 Free Build Environment" and "Windows Server 2003 x64 Free Build Environment". It seems to be inappropriate to explicitly specifying 4096 as the number of bytes to align.

K

KAL

Thursday, August 20, 2015 2:50 AM
  • So, I added the /ALIGN option to the linker and the problem still persist

I added the below line in my sources file

LINKER_FLAGS =$(LINKER_FLAGS) /ALIGN:4096

Still get the same bugcheck with regards to the .text section in the driver image is not page aligned.

Anyone ?

KAL

Thursday, August 20, 2015 4:57 PM
  • I get exactly the same thing running HLK on windows 10 32 bit, 1511. Its running the 'compatability playlist' and the Hypervisor test is causing the BSOD. Absoloutely nothing on the net about it, the driver has passed HCK many many times.

Note though that if you just unplug the device and let the client reboot the test ends up as a green tick, so if you can get it to pass the rest you can submit. 

Don't expect much help from MSFT though, their sysdev seems to be permanently out of contact these days. 

--edit--

I was using kdfiles to suck in a heavy debug version,  disabling that, deleting verifier settings on the test PC, and rebooting it, allowed me to reinstall the non debug driver without this verifier crash.  Perhaps this verifier test is there to ensure the binary being tested matches the one on the system under test?

Monday, November 30, 2015 3:25 PM
  • I am getting the same BSOD at my end and any update here for how to resolve this.
    • Edited by amitbisht Monday, February 22, 2016 8:44 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2016 8:43 AM
  • Hi Matthew, I meet the same problem, have you fixed the BSOD problem while HLK testing
    Tuesday, July 5, 2016 2:37 AM