none
Missing Symbols after uploading Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Since uploading Widows 10 I can no longer find to insert Symbols using Expression Web 4. Anyone have and answer to this new problem? Thank you.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 9:33 PM

Answers

• You are the first (so far) to report that particular issue since the current round of upgrades. Have to wait and see...

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by jayqueca Thursday, August 6, 2015 5:14 PM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 9:38 PM
  • Since you posted that, I checked. Sure enough, Symbols is no longer under the Insert menu. (I rarely use it, so didn't notice before.) Not sure if there's a fix for that. Might have to use the character map program (located under "all apps" and "Windows Accessories" on Win 10) and copy and paste.

By the way, the list of HTML entities is available with intellisense in Code View:  type an ampersand, and you'll see the dropdown list to choose from.  There is no need for Insert Symbol, really.

• Edited by KathyW2 Thursday, August 6, 2015 6:09 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:55 PM

All replies

• You are the first (so far) to report that particular issue since the current round of upgrades. Have to wait and see...

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 9:38 PM
  • Since you posted that, I checked. Sure enough, Symbols is no longer under the Insert menu. (I rarely use it, so didn't notice before.) Not sure if there's a fix for that. Might have to use the character map program (located under "all apps" and "Windows Accessories" on Win 10) and copy and paste.

By the way, the list of HTML entities is available with intellisense in Code View:  type an ampersand, and you'll see the dropdown list to choose from.  There is no need for Insert Symbol, really.

• Edited by KathyW2 Thursday, August 6, 2015 6:09 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:55 PM
  • Did you find a solution to this?  I am having the same problem?
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:15 AM
  • Read my post marked as an answer. That is the solution: you don't need "insert symbol".  Use intellisense in Code View.
    • Edited by KathyW2 Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:16 AM
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:15 AM