none
RC2102

Question

• Hello,

I am getting an error RC2012 RCDATA length exceeded, when trying to build my project from visual studio 2008 to visual studio 2015. Here is a code snippet

#include "SQLStmts.h"

STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE

BEGIN

ID_PROCESS " Some string..blahblahblahblahblah \

blah blah blah blah blah blah\ 

blah blah blah blah \

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

The file SQLStmts.h has  one macrso set as 

#define IDS_PROCESS 1048

i tried to divide the string into smaller parts also changed the size of the macro but still the issue persists". 

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Pallav_2016,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

From your description, it seems that the project has problem from upgrading VS 2008 to VS 2015. The cause of the issue may due to the compatibility of the two different VS editions, because VS2015 doesn’t support some project template in VS2005.

You could refer to the following link to check the supported project type in VS2015:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh266747.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Here are my suggestions about this issue:

Workaround 1:

Please use VS 2015 to create a new project the same type as the old one , copy the resource file to the new one and try to build again, not directly to open original the project in VS 2015.

Workaround 2:
    You could try to open the project in more close version of VS2005  (such as VS 2010 ,2012, or VS 2013), but there could be some problem existing. Then if the problems are solved, please open it in VS 2015 to see if it works.

In addition if you have trouble of coding or develop the web project , I recommend you go to Visual Studio Languages Visual C++   for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 5:44 AM
  • i corrected this error by dividing the string into several parts!! Thanks
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Hi Pallav,

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your solution and result here.

Please mark your reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 21, 2016 1:40 AM