none
Query related to Windows 10 & Digital Signature RRS feed

• Question

• I have a driver which was cross signed properly before Windows 10 release. Currently it is running in Windows 10 machine properly. But certificate with which it was signed is valid till Aug 2016. So I have a query here that does this driver will stop working after Aug 2016 or will work more than that?
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:04 PM

All replies

• it will work after the expiry date. you cannot use the cert to sign anything after the expiry date

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 5:29 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Doron,

One more query which I have was that the certificate used was SHA-1 certificate. I read somewhere that it will be discontinued by Microsoft soon. Please let me know if I am wrong?

again Thanks a ton for your reply.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 7:56 PM
  • I think I got answer of my question. 

As per Windows Technet article, Windows is going to stop trusting code with SHA-1 which has time-stamping of 1-1-2016 or after that. 

According to article it seems that the signed code which has timestamped 1-1-2016 will continue to work till 1-1-2017. Well it clearly says that drivers with signature verified by code Integrity are not effected by this change.

So it seems that if a driver signed with SHA-1 having time stamp before 1-1-2016 is going to work till 1-1-2017 at-least. So we have some time to start working on it. :)

Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:15 PM