none
MSO Ribbon icons missing from imageMso lists RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to find the imageMso identifiers for the four icons (Normal, None, Narrow, and Wide) that appear in the Cell Margins gallery under the Table Tools--Layout tab in the PowerPoint ribbon, but I can't find them anywhere. Do they even exist? (Are there ribbon icons that don't have imageMso identifiers?) If the imageMso identifiers do exist for those icons, what are they or where can I find them?

The only icons that I have found imageMso identifiers for are for the Cell Margins gallery itself and the button for opening the Custom Margins dialog. So far I have checked the following resources.

• Office 2016 Help Files: Office Fluent User Interface Control Identifiers (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50745)
    • Office 2010 Add-In: Icons Gallery (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21103)
    • 2007 Office System Add-In: Icons Gallery (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11675)

Any help finding the 4 cell margin icons (Normal, None, Narrow, and Wide) or confirmation that they aren't available to use in Ribbon UI customizations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Monday, May 7, 2018 4:56 PM

Answers

• Hello bdbaker,

I think the issue does exist and I would suggest you go to Feedback to submit a feedback for the issue.

As far as I know, Office 2010 Add-In: Icons Gallery is the latest imageMso List provided by Microsoft. It provide about 7300 icons for checking. It's not a good idea to check them one by one. I tried to export customUI14.xml file of the Office 2010 Add-In: Icons Gallery document. It contains all imageMso and I tried to search with keywords like Narrow, Wide, Table, Margin, etc... I got some similar imageMso, but they all not the image of the four icons.

Based on the test, I think maybe that Microsoft does not provide such icons or named it with a name which we could not associate with them. I'm also hoping anyone have a newly imageMso list and could find the imageMso for these four icons.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Terry Xu - MSFT Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by bdbaker Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:16 PM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hello bdbaker,

I think the issue does exist and I would suggest you go to Feedback to submit a feedback for the issue.

As far as I know, Office 2010 Add-In: Icons Gallery is the latest imageMso List provided by Microsoft. It provide about 7300 icons for checking. It's not a good idea to check them one by one. I tried to export customUI14.xml file of the Office 2010 Add-In: Icons Gallery document. It contains all imageMso and I tried to search with keywords like Narrow, Wide, Table, Margin, etc... I got some similar imageMso, but they all not the image of the four icons.

Based on the test, I think maybe that Microsoft does not provide such icons or named it with a name which we could not associate with them. I'm also hoping anyone have a newly imageMso list and could find the imageMso for these four icons.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Terry Xu - MSFT Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by bdbaker Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:16 PM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:49 AM
  • Terry,

Thank you for confirming that it's not just me, and for the Feedback suggestion. I just submitted feedback per your advice.

-Brian

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 5:48 PM
  • Hello bdbacker,

You are welcome. For current thread, I would suggest you mark any helpful reply or your last reply to close it. If you have any other development issue related to Office, please feel free to post threads to let us know.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:40 AM