download.StartAsync() working on win 8.0 , win 8.1 not working

• Hello ,

I trying to download file by using download.StartAsync() , some times it working with 8.1 and some time not , with out giving me any error or exceptions from the code , i changed my code to get me the "progress changes" it jump directly to BackgroundTransferStatus.PausedNoNetwork case  . I don't have any problems with network because when i try to run the URL from internet explorer it working  ,but  from the Win 8.1 Application is not !!!.

I tried also on Win 8.0 same application it is working fine with no errors , but on Win 8.1 not !.

It very serious problem .

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:55 AM

All replies

• There's not enough actionable information here. I recommend that you set up network monitoring due the time of the transfer to see what information is being transported and that might tell you why the problem is occurring.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 12:50 PM
  • with out giving me any error or exceptions from the code

I'd check the code again.  It is unlike any of the API's to fail silently.  Look for any try{} catch{} blocks that silently ignore result codes, and check every return.

Also, post a quick sample project reproducing this error.  It will help us to understand what the problem may be.

Darin R.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:26 PM