Gant chart Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys

I am workng in SL4 , actually i want to create a gantt chart like control ,on top i have some  day time from 12am to 12pm

and on left side i have list of employees with their names and  down the time row i want to create bars like gantt

so that i can show the shift time of an employee and also i want to add drag and drop so that one employee can be dragged and dropped into another time slot but i am unable to get a fine help or slution to start , any help?

regards ,

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:41 AM

Answers

• You can create your own graphics for that, but if you don't have time/budget to do it, you can check a third party solution.

Our company has a few Gantt Chart and related controls that you can test for free. You may check out the ScheduleChartDataGrid control from DlhSoft Gantt Chart Light Library (for Silverlight/WPF)?

I think that control has all the features you have presented as needed (i.e. each employee may be considered a resource, tasks can have resource assignments, vertical drag/drop (among resources) is supported by hovering the task bar and dragging the bottom dotted line, chart schedule and scale is fully customizable):

Thursday, May 5, 2011 1:56 AM
  • Hi Tauseef,

RadiantQ's FlexyGantt is an ideal, light weight solution for creating a "Resource Utiliziation" view like you mention.

The bars representing the employee shifts can be easily dragged like this:

Employee Gantt

Everything in the gantt is also customizable - the look of the bars, add/remove columns in the table, etc.

Please be sure to visit our Online Demo as well to learn more about our gantts.

Viswa

RadiantQ

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:26 AM

All replies

• You can create your own graphics for that, but if you don't have time/budget to do it, you can check a third party solution.

Our company has a few Gantt Chart and related controls that you can test for free. You may check out the ScheduleChartDataGrid control from DlhSoft Gantt Chart Light Library (for Silverlight/WPF)?

I think that control has all the features you have presented as needed (i.e. each employee may be considered a resource, tasks can have resource assignments, vertical drag/drop (among resources) is supported by hovering the task bar and dragging the bottom dotted line, chart schedule and scale is fully customizable):

Thursday, May 5, 2011 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

i want to create a gantt chart like control

What does the gantt chart you metioned look like?

Do you provide some related links for us? Thanks.

Regards

Sunday, May 8, 2011 11:36 PM
  • Hi Tauseef,

RadiantQ's FlexyGantt is an ideal, light weight solution for creating a "Resource Utiliziation" view like you mention.

The bars representing the employee shifts can be easily dragged like this:

Employee Gantt

Everything in the gantt is also customizable - the look of the bars, add/remove columns in the table, etc.

Please be sure to visit our Online Demo as well to learn more about our gantts.

Viswa

RadiantQ

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:26 AM