none
Bizspark account ended with out any notice or response to questions. RRS feed

• Question

• Our company's account was closed in Bizspark. We have had it for over 8 months.  We called MSDN support. the Guy we spoke to said according to the records, we were no longer eligible. He gave us an email address to contact - thalabi@microsoft.com . We sent an email and so far have not gotten any reply. based upon reading many of the MANY other comments on the internet, Microsoft has "shut out " many accounts for some reason and will not even answer any question from them as to why.

We even asked some of our clients tho also had qualified for the Bizspark program, and they said theirs was closed also, and no idea why.

Personally, I feel the program was in place to generate momentum for windows 7 sales. now that Microsoft thinks they have generated some momentum, they bail on the program , or make the requirements too difficult to meet.
    Another example of Microsoft not understanding their clients needs.

Any small business just starting aims to Keep costs low, work with limited staff, work with limited clients while trying to get more, AVOID venture capital firms AS THEY GAIN CONTROL OF THE COMPANY. As a small business the last thing desired is to "sell part of company to an outside company"

We found out about the closure, when a client asked if we would be able to assist them Migrating their data from their Sql 2000 server to SQL 2005 which they were planning to purchase from someone,

We were preparing to setup test systems to simulate the upgrade and the issues to expect.
    And went to check is sql 2000 was available to test with.
    Then hit the wall after logging in.
    Good thing customer had media available to use for the old program.
    Other wise we would have lost customer.

We will take this as a lesson that Bizspark is just another Microsoft Manipulation tool.

As far as we are concerned, as a small business, we can change directions on a dime. (actually for more money from clients needs)

And with the new Ipad, we see some opportunities for data compatibility. 

We must avoid Dependency on mi¢ro$oft as from this example they cannot be trusted .

Saturday, February 13, 2010 2:50 AM

All replies

• Sadly, Microsoft don't seem to care, I am going to move over to open-source software, at least with open-source, there is a community of people waiting to help new comers (like me).

Bye Microsoft.
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:37 AM
  • Hey Alex,
    There are a few reports of this about BizSpark today.   I spoke with Julien Codorniou, the product manager for BizSpark, and he's asking that people email him directly at julienco@microsoft.com to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:14 PM
  • Mike,
    Julian's auto reply indicates he's in France for two weeks.  He's given us another email address (lulrich@microsoft.com) but failed to include any name or indication of what this person does at Microsoft.  This is a very poor customer service experience for Bizspark program participants.  Who is lulrich@microsoft.com?  What is their title with Microsoft?  Who does Julian report to?

James Miller
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 4:03 PM
  • After an involved discussion with the BizSpark team, they have updated their FAQ to include some additional information.

I'll start a new thread in this forum on this to collect everone's feedback.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:48 PM