none
is there any difference with dump and restore MySQL database with datafactory than using mysqldump and standard mysql commands ? RRS feed

• Question

• my main goal is to upgrade my azure managed  database for MySQL from version 5.6 to 5.7 , according to the docs the suggested way is using mysqldump to files and then restore using MySQL commands from the dump files , but recently i saw that azure database is now supported as data factory sink so it is possibly to dump and restore to a new MySQL using data factory , my question is , does using datafactory suppose to be faster ? what exactly data factory does behind the scene ?
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi

Azure Data Factory is a managed cloud service that's built for these complex hybrid extract-transform-load (ETL), extract-load-transform (ELT), and data integration projects.

Now the question is - Is your scenario supported. And the Answer yes. If the Data factory supports your Data connector as Source and sink, you can use it for copying purposes. Here are all the Data connectors it supports.

The advantage of using it is Fault Tolerance, Performance tuning etc. while you do this copy. But the Data factory is majorly used if there is a transformation of Data is required.

Please follow this link for more information and this link for information about MySQL.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:44 PM
  • Hi

We have proposed our last reply as an answer, please mark it as an answer if it helped you so that it can help others or get back to us with more questions.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Friday, September 20, 2019 3:04 PM