none
Late binding while consuming ODATA service RRS feed

• Question

• 'm trying to create a .net client (4.5.1) application that consumes a CRM odata service. While trying to add a service reference to the ODATA service I am getting an error

"The custom tool "DataServicesCoreClientGenerator" failed. The name attribute is invalid. The value 'list-id' is invalid according to its datatype T:SimpleIdentifier".

enter image description here

I can understand that the property name doesn't comply the naming standard and hence threw an error. Due to this, i am not able to create statically typed proxy and context classes for the service and that's fine.

We don't own this service and asking the service provider to change it will definitely take more time than we could anticipate. I am trying workaround this problem. Does anybody how I could do this kind of "late binding" to an odata service?

It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

Thursday, July 2, 2015 4:59 AM

Answers

• hi Dinesh,
      According to this case, refer the following details :

1.You will typically use WCF Data Services Client Data Service classes while programming by using managed code.

2.These classes allow for early binding so that you get strongly typed classes at design time.

3.The only entities available to you are those defined in the system when the classes were generated.

4.This means that you can’t use late binding to work with custom entities, attributes, or relationships that were not included in the WCF Data Services Client Data Service classes when they were generated.

for more information, Click here to refer about it.

Friday, July 3, 2015 5:48 AM