TypeError: Unable to get property 'details' of undefined or null reference (modelmanifest.xml isn't updated) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Community, 

I am struggling to add new screens to a LigthSwitch HTML application and everything works when I am in debug mode, however when I am trying to run the application in release mode I am getting the following error: 

"TypeError: Unable to get property 'details' of undefined or null reference"

I have noticed that the modelmanifest.xml file isn't updated in the way which other working LigthSwitch application does. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks! 

Monday, May 25, 2015 12:00 PM

All replies

• You have not shared the code where you actually create the object you're using so we might not be able to give you the overview of the actual problem that caused your script to terminate execution. Somehow, the error is similar to NullReferenceException in C#. It simply means that the object that you are trying to reference does not exist

Solution to this would be to make sure that the object you are trying to reference and get the "details" member, exists! and is a valid object containing this "details" member in it also. 

~!Firewall!~

Monday, May 25, 2015 12:06 PM
  • Hi, 

I presume that the NullReferenceException happends just because of the nonupdated ModelManifest.xml file, so when I define the newly added screen, LightSwitch is not able to find the screen. When I build other working LightSwitch application, this particular file is updated with the corresponding screens. Where do this update take place? 

Monday, May 25, 2015 12:11 PM
  • The error is triggered from this line: msls-2.5.0.min.js, Line: 5, Column: 125769
    Monday, May 25, 2015 7:31 PM
  • Hi Phero_,

ModelManifest.xml iles are generated when the project loads the model files, and it's generated each time the project loads. Clean and rebuild your project in release mode again, and check whether it has same issue.

With regards,

Angie

<o:p></o:p>

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 9:18 AM
  • Hi,

I am facing the same error. But this solution that you gave does not work. If you have anything else in mind kindly let me know. Struggling with this problem now

Monday, March 21, 2016 6:26 AM
  • Hi Phero_,

Can you kindly update this post as to how you solved this problem. I would be glad if you can take some time out and share with us the solution. Currently I am facing the same issue and struggling with it.

Monday, March 21, 2016 6:27 AM