getting an value representing the number of the record in the result set RRS feed

• Question

• User379720387 posted

In my scenario apptDays returns two records. When I hoover over apptDays and navigate the minuscule arrows to Results View it looks like this:

[0] some information about this first record (multiple columns)

[1] some information about this second record (multiple columns)

var apptDays = dbContext.ScheduledSvcVisits
            .Where(s => s.enteredByProviderId == providerId && (s.visitStatus == "Scheduled" || s.visitStatus== "Invited"));

Later in the code I have a foreach loop:

foreach (var apptDay in apptDays)
    {
         <div id="@apptDay.?" class="panel-collapse collapse">
    }

I need the div id to resolve to 0 and then 1 for the second time. How can I get those values from apptDay, without having a counter that increments on each pass?

Friday, May 22, 2020 1:55 AM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

wavemaster

I need the div id to resolve to 0 and then 1 for the second time. How can I get those values from apptDay, without having a counter that increments on each pass?

I don't see how you can do this without a counter unless the results set has the values 0 and 1.  Maybe change to a for loop rather than a foreach.

You can get the index but that causes a search over the collection by value which is not efficient.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2020 10:52 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2020 4:13 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

wavemaster

I don't see how you can do this without a counter unless the results set has the values 0 and 1.  Maybe change to a for loop rather than a foreach.

You can get the index but that causes a search over the collection by value which is not efficient.

Friday, May 22, 2020 10:52 AM
  • User379720387 posted

Ok, did it with a counter to move things along. Thanks

Just out curiosity how does one get the index? 

Friday, May 22, 2020 4:06 PM
    Friday, May 22, 2020 4:13 PM