Some questions about the service RRS feed

• Question

• After reading though the FAQ and some other posts on the subject i still have some questions.

1) When will we be able to use a Office365 accounts?

Azure already handles the 365 accounts, since 3 months now. But when i tried to create a free account (to answer some other questions) i noticed that my 365 login did not work. I'm not about to go though the nightmare of using 3 different logins for the same user again since it was a nightmare with Azure before they merged. For example, just logging into this site to ask this question has already kicked my 365 user out of azure management portal and my outlook and the companies sharepoint site.

2) How much control do i have for limiting a user's access in TFS?

We sometimes have contractors that come in and they only get access to a specific folder and iteration and area. Basically they can only see their WIs and only work on their Applications.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:52 AM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

Thanks for your post. Here are my replies for your questions:

1. Sorry for the inconvenience. As Trevor mentioned in this thread, Office365 account is on the way. You can take notice the news to get the latest update about Team Foundation Service.

2. Since MS account is used to login Team Foudantion Service, you can add contractors as team members or groups and grant them with the proper permissions in security page of Team Web Access.

3. As we know, Team Foundation Service is a cloud-based service. And it is free but not ready for subscription at present. So we don't have to care about the infrastructure or VMs, just focus on the front end.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:19 AM

All replies

• 3) What are the specifications on the (VM) server(s)?

How many Frontend/backend servers? How would it compare to a single Azure Large (A3) server with 4 cores and 7 Gb or ram?

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 11:38 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Thanks for your post. Here are my replies for your questions:

1. Sorry for the inconvenience. As Trevor mentioned in this thread, Office365 account is on the way. You can take notice the news to get the latest update about Team Foundation Service.

2. Since MS account is used to login Team Foudantion Service, you can add contractors as team members or groups and grant them with the proper permissions in security page of Team Web Access.

3. As we know, Team Foundation Service is a cloud-based service. And it is free but not ready for subscription at present. So we don't have to care about the infrastructure or VMs, just focus on the front end.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:19 AM