How can use TFS Full Trust methods from a Custom Build Activity? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have written a custom activity for my custom build process template, it mostly works except for calls to methods and properties that require Full Trust such as the VersionControlServer.QueryHistory Method. 

My questions are do I need to enable something somwehere to give my custom activity full trust or do I deploy the assembly to the GAC as well as the path specificed in the build controller properties dialog box?

Given that the assemblies are .NET 4 how does the full trust requirements fit with the changes to the security?  Are these requirements for backwards compatibility or is the TFS API running in an earlier version of .NET?

Many thanks,

Gurbhajan

Monday, December 6, 2010 3:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Gurbhajan,

What is the TFSBuild account?

Please try to add TFSBuild account to local administrator group.

If it still doesn't work, you can deploy these activities as full-trust assemblies to the global assembly cache.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
    Cathy

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Gurbhajan,

What is the TFSBuild account?

Please try to add TFSBuild account to local administrator group.

If it still doesn't work, you can deploy these activities as full-trust assemblies to the global assembly cache.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
    Cathy

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, December 7, 2010 7:21 AM
  • Hi Gurbhajan,

Is your issue soved?

I am marking the reply as answer, if you have any concern with it, please feel free to unmark it and let me know!

Thanks!

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 1:44 AM