none
Do you give trial days for you app? RRS feed

• Question

• For me, no!

The only reason is that MS only reports me the downloads but not the more important information of sales data. Unless until one day when the net sales amount revenue reaches 200 USD, we are not supposed to be reported of the sales data. This is what I experienced in Windows phone. I don't know why MS make such an unbelievable policy for our developers.  

In order to know how many actual sales of my apps everyday, I choose no trial for my apps. 

Hope the policy can be changed.

shenzy

Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:44 AM

All replies

• It seems this is not the case for Windows 8 store. You can see the adoption rates before $200. It just does not update every day. 
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:12 PM
  • Apple reports us every day. Android reports us instantly. Why is it so difficult for MS to report us the sales data timely? MS seems to have spent much time in developing the Metro system, but not in treating our developers equally.

shenzy

Friday, November 16, 2012 2:25 AM
  • I don't understand this thread. When you click the "report" link on your app which brings you to the App Summyr: YourAppName-page, you do indeed get both the downloads and the number of sales on that page. The purchases are under the header "App purchases". This is a graph with daily data.

That said, both graphs (downloads and purchases) seems to have been lagging a couple of times during my first 3 weeks in the store. I think the intention is that they are to be updated daily, but they haven't been able to do that consistently yet. More often than not - they are updated daily though. I'm giving MS some slack in the early weeks of the life of Windows 8.

What's more interesting to discuss from my perspective, is why not Microsoft is offering more than daily updates. Anyone of you guys on Google Play? They update each single sale instantly! Now that's something to strive for!

edit: I see shenzy pointed out this about Android as well.

• Edited by FrodeNilsen2 Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:48 AM
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:46 AM