LightSwitch HTML Client App Error (CosmopolitanExtension) RRS feed

• Question

• We are getting following error, when we have added Desktop Client into VS2012 LS HTML Client App Solution.

"Could not resolve reference property 'Application.Shell' with reference string

'CosmopolitanExtension:CosmopolitanShell'. Reason: 'NoItemMatched'."

"Could not resolve reference property 'Application.Theme' with reference string 'CosmopolitanExtension:CosmopolitanTheme'. Reason: 'NoItemMatched'."

We are using VS2012 LightSwitch HTML Client.

Quick Response expected.

Thanks in Advance.

Vijay Karnam 

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Vijay,

Looks like there is an issue with the Cosmopolitan Extension. Can you go to your LightSwitch project's root project's properties node and check on the extensions tab if the Cosmopolitan Extension exists and is selected or if it has an error next to it? If it is unselected, can you backup your project and then try and select the Cosmopolitan Extension?

-Pierson

• Marked as answer by Vijay Karnam Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:42 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Vijay,

Looks like there is an issue with the Cosmopolitan Extension. Can you go to your LightSwitch project's root project's properties node and check on the extensions tab if the Cosmopolitan Extension exists and is selected or if it has an error next to it? If it is unselected, can you backup your project and then try and select the Cosmopolitan Extension?

-Pierson

• Marked as answer by Vijay Karnam Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:42 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 9:28 PM
  • Hi,

I am getting this with all theme extensions in VS2013 RC at the moment (on several machines). The themes worked ok on VS2013 Preview. I was waiting for VS2013 RTM next week to check further. We have not noticed this on our VS2012 Update 3 installations.

I am not sure that the two problems are related but they definitely are the same symptoms.

Vijay which release of VS2012 are you using?

Cheers

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:16 AM
  • Hi Vijay,

Have u ot any resolution for this error.Even i am facing the same problem.

Please let me know,in case you know the solution

Thanks,

D.sarada

Friday, January 31, 2014 6:38 AM
  • Hi,

The answer is above. Please verify that the Cosmopolitan Extension is enabled on your project. This can be found by locating the root project in Solution Explorer, double clicking on Properties and looking on the Extensions tab.

Hope that helps

-Pierson

Saturday, February 1, 2014 5:12 AM