We couldn’t get your developer license for Windows 8.1. Error 0xC03F1014.

Question

• Hello All,

I am trying to develop my "Hello World!" Windows Store App. But I am getting the following error:

We couldn’t get your developer license for Windows 8.1. Error 0xC03F1014.

I am using a legal copy of Windows 8.1 x64 (on a desktop PC) and a trial version of of Visual Studio Ultimate 2013.1 RC.

Any idea about how to fix this issue?

Regards,

Sam

Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Sam,

The problem acquiring the developer license is probably a registry issue. Unfortunately this isn't something we can diagnose and fix in the forums, so you'll need to open a open a support case. Here are the steps to open a case with the technical developer support team:

1. Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupport with your developer account. You may have support incidents already included in your account  
    2. In the "App development" section find the link called "Developer Tools"

3. Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  
      Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
      Category: “Other" 
      Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/      “Start Email”

Charges will be refunded for cases like this which are rooted in a Microsoft bug.

--Rob

Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:08 PM
    Owner
  • Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:14 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Sam,

The problem acquiring the developer license is probably a registry issue. Unfortunately this isn't something we can diagnose and fix in the forums, so you'll need to open a open a support case. Here are the steps to open a case with the technical developer support team:

1. Visit the URL: http://aka.ms/storesupport with your developer account. You may have support incidents already included in your account  
    2. In the "App development" section find the link called "Developer Tools"

3. Click that link and then it will ask you to choose the support type. To reach the correct support team choose the following:  
      Problem Type: “Technical support for Windows Store and Windows Phone app development” 
      Category: “Other" 
      Once you do that, there should be an option that lets you “Request a call”/      “Start Email”

Charges will be refunded for cases like this which are rooted in a Microsoft bug.

--Rob

Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:08 PM
    Owner
  • Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:14 PM
    Owner