Using bower and bootstrap in my ASP.Net web form project RRS feed

• Question

• User-2071549094 posted

Hi forum members,

I am pretty new in this bower thing so I'd like to check what does the below line means :-

If Bower should use a proxy for remote connections, set 'HTTP_PROXY' and/or 'HTTPS_PROXY'

environment variables to the proxy URL.

Can I know once I installed bower how can I go about installing other components like jquery, bootstrap ?

And I'd like to verify once I successfully installed bower, should there be a bower_component folder that appear in my project directory ?

If not, how to make it happen?

BTW, I  can't download them directly to my PC and I have to do it via Visual Studio which I do not know how.

Hope someone can advise. Best there is a step by step tutorial on this. Tks.

Monday, November 28, 2016 7:30 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi tangara,

Can I know once I installed bower how can I go about installing other components like jquery, bootstrap ?

According to your description, I suggest you could use below codes to install jquery, bootstrap by bower.

bower install jquery-validation --save
    bower install jquery-validation-unobtrusive --save
    bower install modernizr --save
    bower install bootstrap --save
    bower install respond-minmax --save

And I'd like to verify once I successfully installed bower, should there be a bower_component folder that appear in my project directory ?

If not, how to make it happen?

If you successfully installed bower and installed the jquery or bootstrap in your application folder, it will be a bower_component folder appear in your application folder.

You need include the folder in your project.

More details, you could refer to follow image:

BTW, I  can't download them directly to my PC and I have to do it via Visual Studio which I do not know how.

Hope someone can advise. Best there is a step by step tutorial on this. Tks.

I suggest you could refer to follow article to know how to use it in VS2015.

Link:https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/cdndevs/2015/02/17/using-bower-with-visual-studio/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/client-side/bower

Best Regards,

Brando

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 2:59 AM
  • User-2071549094 posted

Hi Brando,

I refer to your instruction pertaining to bower install blah blah blah

Did you mean I do it at the c:/ prompt ?

Cos I downloaded Bower directly from VS2015 also via the NuGet...and I can't download anything to my PC.

So, how can I do it at the VS2015 ?

And the links that you mentioned the tutorial is doing it via npm which is you downloaded it directly to your PC and then you add your dependencies via Bower from there...which in my case is not feasible :(

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:18 AM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi tangara,

So, how can I do it at the VS2015 ?

Accoridng to your descirption, I suggest you could follow below steps:

1.Remove Bundling/Optimization from Project

2.Add bower to Project

3.Configure bower(Add bootstrap and so on)

4.Modify your page file.

More details about how to do it step by step, you could refer to follow link:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/31929222

Best Regards,

Brando

Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:01 AM