How to change my app's name? RRS feed

• Question

• I have started a submission of my app and reserved several names for my app. But I reserved the first name in Chinese. Later I found the system will use the first name as my app name, but my app only has a English version and I don't have a plan to globalize my app. So I want to change the reserved name, but I found the first reserved name cannot be changed. So I tried to start a new submission, but it turned out that I cannot reserve any names for the second submission. I've tried several rare names to make sure that it is not because of an occupied name. The error message is: "We can't reserve a name at this time. Please try again later. "

So I need either change the first name of my existing submission or be able to reserve a English name for the second submission.
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:08 AM

Answers

• 1. The reserved names cannot be edited but only can be deleted.

2. I also see "We can't reserve a name at this time. Please try again later" error some times, but it will be fine if you try again later. Maybe Windows Dev Center has epilepsy. lol:)

Windows Mobile Developer & Tester

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:47 AM

All replies

• 1. The reserved names cannot be edited but only can be deleted.

2. I also see "We can't reserve a name at this time. Please try again later" error some times, but it will be fine if you try again later. Maybe Windows Dev Center has epilepsy. lol:)

Windows Mobile Developer & Tester

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:47 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Tealc.

I think the first reserved name cannot be deleted, right?

I tried to create the second app later, it succeeds. thank you!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:30 AM