none
C# appointmentItem RecurrencePattern Occurences display RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody and thanks for your time,

I have a "tiny" problem with C#.

I am develloping an outlook plug-in. Basically when you click on a button on the ribbon (on an appointment with a periodicity) it just tries to make some treatment (irrelevant here), then if it doesn't succeed and if the occurences are more than 5, it does the following :

RecurrencePattern recpat = this.item.GetRecurrencePattern();
    recpat.Occurences = 5;

At this point there are 5 occurences. BUT on the display on the window, the dates for the meeting are not updating to 5 occurences.

If i save the appointment it updates but it is saved (which i want the user to do), if i close and open a new interceptor it updates but it stops the treatment i want to make afterwards.

I tried the this.UpdateLayout() method but it doesn't work.

I'm a bit lost after a day of active search on this one. It appears that on here nobody is trying to do some modification and wait for the user to save them. I thought that it was a two-way binding but it seems not. Then i thought maybe it's a known problem with outlook 2010 (profesionnal computers ...) but i didn't found any clue on this one.

Any help is really appreciated and I'm sorry for my possible mistakes on english i'm french.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi SachaMaiornikoff,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your question is more related to outlook, I will move it to Outlook for Developers forum for suitable support.

This forum discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:21 AM
  • Hello Sacha,

That is a known issue when dealing with the Outlook object model. Outlook caches values for inspector windows and may not update the UI according to the changes you made using the OOM right away. Sometimes you need to re-open the inspector window to get the values updated. Or just move the focus to any other input field on the inspector to get it invalidated properly. So, try to use Windows API functions to set a focus to another field. Or just simply save the item.   

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:16 PM