none
biztalk flat file without delimitters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a requirement of processing a Flat file and inserting the records to the SQL database.

But in my input file, there are multiple records with no delimitters to distinguish between the records.

For Ex, the file looks like below

Test\123\456\ABCTest1\656\522\XYZ

In the above sample, my 1st record starts with Test and second record starts with Test1. But after using Flat File Schema Wizard, only my first record is being inserted to database.

Please suggest on the same.

Thanks in advance,

Anand

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Here my question is, can we write a custom pipeline component and attach it to decoder stage of receive pipeline where i can access the message body and alter it to have a specific delimiter using C# code?

Regards,

Anand

Yes you can do that.

You can use this Leonid's BizTalk pipeline component: the Symbol Preprocessor with some modification for your requirement. 

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:40 AM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs. I did create a decoding component for receive pipeline where i modified the message body to have a standard delimiter. Then, I used flat file schema wizard to create the desired schema and it worked for me. 

Thanks,

Anand

• Marked as answer by Anand M J Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:24 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:24 AM

All replies

• Are you sure there is not an unprintable character in there that is the row delimiter?

Next, go back to source app/trading partner and tell them such a flat file is pretty much non-standard/unusable and get them to make the change.

If neither of those are the case, inform your management that the source file is a non-standard format and will require custom work to correctly parse, which the case.

You will likely have to pre-process the file using C# to normalize the delimiters to something SSIS or BizTalk can process.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:09 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Here my question is, can we write a custom pipeline component and attach it to decoder stage of receive pipeline where i can access the message body and alter it to have a specific delimiter using C# code?

Regards,

Anand

Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:03 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

Anand

Yes you can do that.

You can use this Leonid's BizTalk pipeline component: the Symbol Preprocessor with some modification for your requirement. 

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:40 AM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs. I did create a decoding component for receive pipeline where i modified the message body to have a standard delimiter. Then, I used flat file schema wizard to create the desired schema and it worked for me. 

Thanks,

Anand

• Marked as answer by Anand M J Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:24 AM
    Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:24 AM