Text over "Film Grain" block RRS feed

• Question

• I created a square block and applied the "Film Grain" effect to the block. I now would like to add text over this square, but when I do, the text is blurry. Will the text always appear blurry because of the "Film Grain" effect that was applied to the square block? I want crisp, clear text on a "grainy" background.
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:05 PM

Answers

• Have you tried exporting what you have so far to see if the text "cleans up"? A lot of times, that fuzziness you see in Design disappears when the file is exported.
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:16 PM
  • Hi Mary,

Your text should not look blurry. Look at the layers palette and make sure the text doesn't also have the film grain effect.

Welcome to our new forums!
    Annie
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:19 PM

All replies

• Have you tried exporting what you have so far to see if the text "cleans up"? A lot of times, that fuzziness you see in Design disappears when the file is exported.
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:16 PM
  • Hi Mary,

Your text should not look blurry. Look at the layers palette and make sure the text doesn't also have the film grain effect.

Welcome to our new forums!
    Annie
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:19 PM
  • I did try to export it to a jpg. It looks fuzzy when I import the jpg into Expression.

This is the site where the image is displayed.

http://rhea.lunarservers.com/~techn41/services.htm
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:22 PM
  • I think creating the separate layer solved my problem. Thanks so much!
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:29 PM
  • I'm glad you solved the problem.
    Annie
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:33 PM