none
activation failure message RRS feed

• Question

• i have a third party plugin that connects to our contact database which uses iis

when i try to activate it over the internet the plugins comes up with the error 

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 5.0px 0.0px 5.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Times New Roman'} </style>

The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: '

can you help

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:36 AM

All replies

• >>The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8).

Based on the error message, the returned content type is text/html, I suspect your call result in a server-side error outside of WCF (you are receiving an HTML error page). I suggest you try Fiddler to capture the response.

>>i have a third party plugin that connects to our contact database

What do you mean by third party plugin? Is it a third-party service? If so, I am afraid you need to contact service developer to confirm how to call the service or whether you need to do extra operation.

In addition, the link below might be useful to you.

#The content type application/xml;charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15481092/the-content-type-application-xmlcharset-utf-8-of-the-response-message-does-not

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 5:31 AM