NearMe or internet network location problem

Answers

All replies

• I am getting the same results as you do. The Near Me app is finding locations only near Anaheim, CA.

Monday, September 19, 2011 12:43 AM
  • NearMe does not automatically track your current location.

Bring up the App bar (swipe up from the bottom of the screen), click on Add to include your current location.

Monday, September 19, 2011 2:56 AM
  • Also keep in mind if using this app with any kind of DSL or cable internet service it's going to be based off your IP address location which is your main local hub. Mine happens to be SBC (AT&T) and even though I'm a northern ILL customer it defaults to streamwood which where the local hub for my entire area is.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:03 AM
  • NearMe does not automatically track your current location.

Bring up the App bar (swipe up from the bottom of the screen), click on Add to include your current location.

swipe doesn't work with a mouse how do I fix this problem?????

Saturday, October 15, 2011 5:07 PM
  • i found that if you open the app the close it and go to settings turn of loction the back on, this cured my problem and it is now local were i live, although i have installed zune and my winwos phone, not sure if the are a contributing factor

Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:41 AM
  • Hey Dopey9119,

You can access the App bar using a mouse by right clicking within the Metro style application. The App bar will then appear at the bottom of the screen.

@Flyweight121: Thank you for sharing your solution!

Steven
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:10 PM