none
Rules in error message - what is this RRS feed

• Question

• I suddenly get the following message.

No help is offered.

I effectively have code that moves messages to a folder called CSR which is a separate .pst

R

Friday, September 20, 2013 6:20 AM

Answers

• You do know that having a PST file located on a network drive is not supported at all, right? Only local storage for PST files is a supported configuration. If anything goes wrong with your setup you'll be unable to get anyone to help.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Monday, September 23, 2013 2:07 PM

All replies

• Has this ever worked? What happens if you change the move-to folder to a folder in your default PST file, does that work?

If necessary you could always either run a script for the rule and have the script move the messages to the folder in the other PST file, or you could have a macro that handles ItemAdd() on the Items collection of a folder in the default PST and have that event handler move the items coming into the folder to the desired folder.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Friday, September 20, 2013 2:19 PM
  • As I'm running a lot of outlook code, this message suddenlyy apperaing was really confusing.

Finally it was the network disk where the .pst was located that had become unavailable.

Thanks

R

Monday, September 23, 2013 5:51 AM
  • You do know that having a PST file located on a network drive is not supported at all, right? Only local storage for PST files is a supported configuration. If anything goes wrong with your setup you'll be unable to get anyone to help.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Monday, September 23, 2013 2:07 PM