Crystal Reports Error on Host Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I'm getting an error on a server where I deployed Crystal Report to another server and I'm now getting this error on the server:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 20:       during development.
    Line 21:     -->
    Line 22: 		<compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
    Line 23: 			<assemblies>
    Line 24: 				<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 22

I'm using Visual Studios 2010 and I am using Crystal Reports XIII (the built-in one).    I have installed CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_1 on my server, but I'm still getting this error.   Any suggestions?   Thanks!

-Paul

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:19 PM

Answers

• Also, since you distribute the 32bit runtime the app pool also needs to be running in 32 bit mode. If you are wanting to use 64 bit mode then distribute the 64 bit redist package, you can uninstall the 32 bit package.

CR 2010 also still has a dependency on VS 2005 C++ Security runtime package, search here for the MSI deployment package.

What Os are you running IIS on and you APP on?

Don

Don Williams
    • Marked as answer by wagerpr Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:53 PM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:51 PM

All replies

• check following things.

> Is .net framework 4.0 is installed on server pc?

If yes

then change .net default application pool to .net framework 4.0  from server pcs IIS.

Hasibul Haque,MCC,MCPD blog.e-rains.com
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:47 AM
  • Hi Hasibul,

I just installed the .net framework 4.0 on our host server, but I'm still getting this error.    I've stopped and started our site, as well.    Thanks!

-Paul 

Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:59 PM
  • Still you are getting same error?? If yes Then try following

Go to Control panel> Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager >

>> Select your site from the left panel >> Now select Basic Settings from the action panel (located right top)

>> Select Application pool ASP.net 4.0

Hope it will solve your problem.

Hasibul Haque,MCC,MCPD blog.e-rains.com
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:37 PM
  • Also, since you distribute the 32bit runtime the app pool also needs to be running in 32 bit mode. If you are wanting to use 64 bit mode then distribute the 64 bit redist package, you can uninstall the 32 bit package.

CR 2010 also still has a dependency on VS 2005 C++ Security runtime package, search here for the MSI deployment package.

What Os are you running IIS on and you APP on?

Don

Don Williams
    • Marked as answer by wagerpr Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:53 PM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:51 PM
  • And that did the trick.   I was actually looking around online came across that as well.   I feel like a complete heel for screwing that one up.    Thanks!
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:54 PM
  • LOL... no problem... New stuff always has it "gotcha's"

Have a great time...

Don

Don Williams
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:57 PM