none
AsyncRendering and Chart Resolution RRS feed

• Question

• I am using ReportViewer control on a ASP.NET page. The RDL report was designed using BIDS 2008 and is running on SSRS 2008. With AsyncRendering set to 'true' the chart image quality is blurry and on examining the chart image properties the image is scaled down by 1 pixel in width and height. However with AsyncRendering set to 'false' the image quality is great and the image properties indicate original size.

Anyone has any ideas on what is going on and how I can prevent SSRS from 'mangling' the chart with the AsyncRendering set to 'true'? I cannot use AsyncRendering set to 'false' becuase of the break-word CSS that is inserted into the DIV tags causing unusual 'jump' behavior on the drill through images as well as unintented collapse and text-wrapping of the columns.

Thanks!
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 4:40 AM

Answers

• I found a workaround, hopefully someone finds this useful.

UPDATE: The issue can be reproduced by placing the chart image inside a Tablix Cell, on the same report if I take the image out of the Tablix then the image renders with high quality. So if you set the AsynRendering = false, in the ReportViewer control and the chart image is inside a Tablix Cell then the resolution goes down, for whatever reason the image gets scaled with this configuration and there is no way to shrik the image relative to the Tablix Cell.

WORKAROUND: Create a rectangle inside the Tablix cell slightly bigger than the image size and then create the image on top of this rectangle and the resolution issue will be resolved.

FIX: Not sure if this is expected behavour?

• Marked as answer by exwhyz Friday, June 19, 2009 12:33 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2009 12:33 AM