All the browsers say site undefined when I open a javascript file RRS feed

• Question

• User-605499000 posted

I can open my website but when I go to the magazine which is in JavaScript I get the undefined issue.  My default has <script type="text/javascript"></script> and that used to work in my old web site.  Do I need to change that line? 

My old website had the following script at the bottom of the default: Do I need to update that?

<script type="text/javascript">
    try {
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-10539155-1");
    pageTracker._trackPageview();
    } catch (err) { }</script>

In the actual issue page which is JavaScript I have the following code to open the pages

Issue_IssueName = function () {
    return "Issue" + ((issueNumber < 100) ? "0" : "") + ((issueNumber < 10) ? "0" : "") + issueNumber.toString();
    };

//
    //Load
    //

function BmOnLoad() {

//
    //settings
    //

bmPageWidth = issuePageWidth;
    bmPageHeight = issuePageHeight;
    bmNextPage = issueNextPage;

var pageUriTemplate = Issue_IssueName() + "/Pages/page-";

for (var pg = 1; pg <= issuePageCount; pg++)
    bmPages[pg] = pageUriTemplate + ((pg < 10) ? "0" : "") + pg.toString() + ".jpg";

BmInitialize();

Hope you can help, thanks

Jen

Monday, October 7, 2019 8:07 PM

Answers

• User-605499000 posted

I am sorry that I was confusing. I wasn't sure what file was messed up or if it was the browsers.  But I found out that some of the game programs were causing the problem. The game programs were written in 1999 and they are now outdated so I have to rewrite them.  

I want to thank you for your help and am sure that I will be back but I will try to do better in my question.

Jen

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:26 AM
  • User-605499000 posted

I am sorry that my question as I was confused by the error. Was it one of my files or the browsers.  I finally discovered that it is the games that are in the magazine. The games were written in1999 in JavaScript and some of them are outdated. 

Thank you very much for your help and next time hopefully I will not be confused and confused you.

Jen

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:29 AM

All replies

• User-719153870 posted

Hi bumples18,

Your question is not clear actually.

My default has <script type="text/javascript"></script> and that used to work in my old web site. 

<scitpt></script> tag is necessary for JS code in your page. No need to change that.

My old website had the following script at the bottom of the default: Do I need to update that?

Not sure what this part code is for.

In the actual issue page which is JavaScript I have the following code to open the pages

As mentioned in the tilte of this thread, you are trying to open a js file? what does this have to do with a browser?

The community will need more detailed information about your current problem, the left part of code is in a web page or in a js file?

Please also provide your specific "undefined" error message.

Best Regard,

Yang Shen

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:11 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

If _gat is undefined could it be that you don't load the Google script that provides this object? If it is supposed to happen you could use F12 Network to see what happens for the http request which is supposed to load this script.

Else as pointed already knowing which variable is undefined could help to narrow down the error more quickly...

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:29 AM
  • User-605499000 posted

I am sorry that I was confusing. I wasn't sure what file was messed up or if it was the browsers.  But I found out that some of the game programs were causing the problem. The game programs were written in 1999 and they are now outdated so I have to rewrite them.  

I want to thank you for your help and am sure that I will be back but I will try to do better in my question.

Jen

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:26 AM
  • User-605499000 posted

I am sorry that my question as I was confused by the error. Was it one of my files or the browsers.  I finally discovered that it is the games that are in the magazine. The games were written in1999 in JavaScript and some of them are outdated. 

Thank you very much for your help and next time hopefully I will not be confused and confused you.

Jen

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:29 AM