Any way to go directly to a deeply nested Flyout in Expression Blend?

Question

• My WinRT app has a deeply nested Flyout that takes 8 clicks to get to.  Is there any way to do this faster?  I've tried pinning the active container.  But I switch between Blend & VS2013 very frequently.  Every time I go back to Blend it reloads the project to refresh the file images, and I need it to do that, but then it resets the Objects and Timeline tree to the top and I have to repeat the tree navigation steps to get back to the flyout.

-- roschler

Saturday, February 08, 2014 3:58 PM

All replies

• I really don't understand what you're asking about here... it might be better if you posted a project and told us how to reproduce the problem.   This sounds more like a tool problem than a programming issue.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, February 10, 2014 2:04 PM
  • Hi Matt,

To get to the Flyout from the pageRoot->Grid (top level) using the Expression Blend Project window I have to do the following steps:

1. Expand the Grid node

2. Expand a child grid node called gridPage

3. Expand a child grid node called gridTopRow

4. Expand an image button node called imgbtnAddVideomark

5. Right click the child Flyout node of imgbtnAddVideomark

6. Hover over Edit Flyout

7.  Click on Edit Current

This wouldn't be so bad if except as I said above, I switch between Blend and VS2013 a lot because I edit code in VS2013 and edit the UI in Blend.  After I edit in VS2013 I switch back to Blend, it reloads all the modified files (good idea).  But the problem is it resets the Objects and Timeline pane to pageRoot, and I have to repeat the steps above to get back to the Flyout I'm working on.  Therefore, I am repeating those steps a  huge number of times per day if I am doing heavy editing on a nested Flyout.  This problem will be the same for any deeply nested Flyout.

-- roschler

• Edited by roschler Monday, February 10, 2014 2:52 PM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 2:52 PM
  • It seems there is no efficient way...

Regards,

Jenny

Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Thanks Jenny.  Is there a Uservoice for Blend or a contact E-mail so I can make a suggestion for this feature?

-- roschler

Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:51 PM
  • You may try this: https://connect.microsoft.com/

regards,

Jenny

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:43 AM